This competition is for the Wisconsin artist who has a true passion for the Ozaukee County Fair. Artists are asked to submit a color design celebrating the Ozaukee County Fair. Be a part of this fun competition and submit your most creative idea that showcases the fun side of the Ozaukee County Fair. Artists have the chance to win a grand prize if their piece is selected. All entrants will receive a complimentary daily parking pass for each entry, to the 2022 Ozaukee County Fair, August 3-7.
The Poster Art Competition is open to Wisconsin residents only, age 18 & older.
Artwork should reflect a celebration of the Ozaukee County Fair, with a dominant fair element as the focal point (i.e. animals, rides, music, competitive exhibits, food, etc.). A specific medium or artistic style is not required however, we are not looking for a collage. Submissions are encouraged to be a celebration of the Ozaukee County Fair and should be created as an advertisement. All posters submitted to the state contest will become the property of the Ozaukee County Fair, and may be used for promotional purposes.
All submissions must include the following:
1. A completed entry form
2. Resume (maximum of two pages)
3. Color design depicting fun at the Ozaukee County Fair
4. Brief description of submitted sketch and intended medium
5. 3-4 color copies of previous work
6. Do not use objects raised from the surface.
7. Do not use well-known or copyright characters
8. All digitally created files must also be submitted via .eps, .ai, or .psd and .pdf format.
9. All materials must be submitted in hard copy form on an 11x17 sheet of paper with artist’s name on the back of each sheet.
Submission materials will not be returned. Artwork must be two-dimensional and use traditional media in the final piece. Concepts may be rendered using computer software but the final piece must use traditional media. The final size of the grand prize artwork must be able to transfer to an 11 x 17-inch horizontal or vertical poster. The submission must be postmarked by Tuesday, November 30, 2021. See Submitting Entries below for mailing and drop-off addresses.
Judges will be looking for the following in each of the submissions:
• Artwork should be fun and a celebration of the Ozaukee County Fair with a dominant Fair element (not a collage)
• Passion for the Ozaukee County Fair
• Appeal to a broad audience
• Must include “Ozaukee County Fair” and year (2022) in artwork; Fair dates are optional (August 3-7)
Failure to adhere to these standards will result in disqualification.
There will be three parts to the selection process:
1. A panel of judges will review all submissions and select their top three submissions.
2. The artists of the top three submissions will be invited to the Ozaukee County Fair to further explain their concept. Then, each finalist will create a more detailed draft of his/her concept. Each of the finalists will be given a $____ stipend and six (6) complimentary Grand Stand admission tickets upon the timely completion of the second draft, as outlined by an artist’s agreement.
3. The panel of judges will review the finalists’ concepts and will select the artwork.
4. After the Grand Champion Artist has been selected, the artist will meet with the judges to discuss why their piece was chosen and the next steps.
5. The top artist will receive a grand prize of $100 after final artwork is delivered to the Ozaukee County Fair
Terms and Conditions for Grand Champion Artist
A complete agreement will be presented at the time of artist selection. The artist will retain the copyright, but full ownership of the finished selection will be transferred to the Ozaukee County Fair. The Ozaukee County Fair will also have the right to reproduce the original artwork for use in advertising and promotion of the Ozaukee County Fair. The artist of the final selection agrees to publicity to promote their artwork upon request. In addition to the Grand Prize of_____ for being the Grand Champion Artist, the artist will receive 25 posters The Ozaukee County Agricultural Society, sponsors of the Ozaukee County Fair established in 1859, is a 501c3 non-profit corporation.
Schedule of Events
Competition opens: October 31, 2021
Entry deadline: November 30, 2021
Judges review artwork & selections made: December 7, 2021
Grand Prize Winner informed: December 8, 2021
Grand Prize Winner signing of releases: December 10, 2021
Materials must be postmarked by November 30, 2021 to:
Ozaukee County Fair Poster Art Competition P.O. Box 173 Cedarburg, WI 53012
Any questions about the competition should be directed to Jamie Nevins @ email@example.com